Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Lambuth game.

You have to understand how I see things. I understand what goes into building a program. Good people and baby steps. You can't run before you walk. Well, I know we have the good people, and I can see us taking baby steps, so we must be going in the right direction. Saturday at Lambuth was a good step. The final score does not really tell you the whole story. The Eagles did a great all around job. All season, I've seen little glimpses of the ability to come back. That is a huge talent you HAVE to have in college football. Well, Saturday we all saw that Faulkner has the ability to come back. The Eagles brought it within 14 points in the 4th quarter against a good team. You may think I saw that with tongue in cheek, but I assure you, if you saw how bad some of the officiating was, you know just how hard it was to climb back into this thing.

These guys did a great job. You have got to have the ability to fight your way out of a corner when things are not going your way. We proved that we can do that. I can promise you, that things are coming together. There will come a time when those long drives that end because of a penalty will end with a score. There will come a time when we won't have to fight our way back. All of this comes with time. A lot of people tell me that I look at the positives to much...well, I'm cool with that. I know what this group of young men can do, and there will be a day when Faulkner hits on all cylinders. When that day comes...WATCH OUT!

GO EAGLES!

No comments: