Tuesday, September 1, 2009

1-0

Wow, what a great weekend. For the first time in Faulkner football history, the Eagles have started the season 1-0. I've been with the program since the start, and I can tell you that this team has a completely different attitude. When we boarded the bus we had a very business like attitude and I believe it showed on Saturday.

Let me start by saying that in the past two years Faulkner has some good defense, but nothing like we saw on Saturday. The Eagle defense was insane. Time and time again the defense stood strong. With three pass breakups, one interception, two forced fumbles, and two blocked kicks I believe they did their jobs. Oh, did I forget the four sacks? Yes, the Eagle defense played the best I have ever seen.

The offense is still a work in progress, however it showed just how fast it is capable of playing. True freshman, Joe Scott was called on to lead the team and he did a great job. Again, being since 2007, I can see a complete transformation. I'm expecting great things from the offense this year.

I think the biggest thing I was proud of was how mature our players were under pressure. Our guys battled all day against all kinds of obstacles. I believe that the Eagles may have turned the corner. Now it's back to work and prepare for the Hawks. Hope to see you there. If you were not able to be at the game, check out this link from Ryan Bartels. He did a GREAT job on filming. Enjoy.

http://faulknereagles.wordpress.com/

GO EAGLES!

No comments: